In my quest to find a natural and effective remedy to fight cellulite, I found a bit of everything!
But this coffee scrub is gold! If you’re on this page, I’m guessing you already know what cellulite is – it’s those little hollows that are like craters on your skin, mostly on your arms, stomach, hips, and thighs.
One of the most popular and effective ingredients in the fight against cellulite is coffee. It is the number 1 enemy against cellulite. You might have noticed it by now, but it’s used in a lot of creams, lotions, shower gels, and soaps. And used with essential oils, it can work wonders!
We are going to present to you a very simple and very effective procedure to get rid of cellulite in a short period of time. The frequency of application will be every 3-4 days.
1. How long does it take to work?
It takes anywhere from 2 weeks to 3 months to start noticing a significant reduction , but trust me, sooner or later you will notice a positive change.
The key is to be consistent, you need to understand that a problem like this cannot be fixed overnight. You don’t have to give up!
Even if you have a lot of cellulite, you are bound to notice positive results.
2. The ingredients
For the basic mixture:
- Coffee grounds (it is a powerful antioxidant which stimulates blood circulation);
- Coconut oil;
- Cellophane paper.
As Pascale Ruberti, research and development manager at Aroma Zone, points out “Caffeine is a great anti-cellulite component, especially when it is present at more than 5% in a composition“. (Which is the case here).
After the coffee treatment you will need:
- Grapefruit essential oil (eliminates toxins, has a toning effect and also helps to lose weight);
- Lavender essential oil (ideal for fighting stretch marks and revitalizing the skin);
- Lemon essential oil (stimulates the circulatory system and strengthens vascular tissue);
- Orange essential oil (relieves water retention, softens the skin and stimulates blood circulation);
- Cypress essential oil (improves circulation and strengthens blood capillaries);
- Rosemary essential oil (tones the skin);
- A carrier oil like olive oil or sunflower oil (it will be used in combination with the rest of the oils, because if the essential oils are applied to the skin without being diluted, they can cause irritation ).
Note : If you don’t have all the essential oils, that’s okay!
3. The Instructions:
Mix 80gr of coffee grounds with 6 tbsp. to s. coconut oil and 1-2 tbsp. to s. of salt in an empty jar. Homogenize everything, the mixture should have a creamy consistency, a bit like a paste.
Then rub this mixture to the parts you want in circular movements. Apply a little pressure in circular motions.
Take the cellophane paper and wrap the area for at least half an hour.
Then rinse your legs with lukewarm water and apply the essential oils.
Mix the essential oils in equal parts (think about how much you would need depending on the affected area).
As a general rule of thumb, for each tablespoon of carrier oil, do not put more than 9 drops of essential oil. Here we have 6 essential oils for our recipe, so you can put 3 drops of each of the oils for every 2 tablespoons of carrier oil.
Then apply the oils to the desired area and massage until completely absorbed.
Note: This procedure is not recommended for pregnant women!
If you made extra, store your mixture in a clean glass jar. It can be stored for up to 2 months.
4. Why does the coffee scrub work so well against cellulite?
The content is perfectly optimized to eliminate cellulite:
- Coffee grounds: rich in caffeine, coffee grounds stimulate blood circulation to the surface of the skin. It is also rich in antioxidants, which allows for smoother skin. Caffeine also helps firm the skin, thereby reducing cellulite. The coffee grounds are also very exfoliating!
- Coconut Oil: This nutritious and healing oil works wonders. Coconut oil is an anti-inflammatory that helps reduce any form of inflammation on the skin. Coconut oil also helps in getting rid of scars, blemishes, and stretch marks.
- Salt: Salt acts like tiny massage balls, which will stimulate cellulite under the skin.
Renée Loux, natural beauty expert at Women’s Health, shared her opinion on this method.
His verdict: Yes, it is effective, but in the short term. In the sense that you have to be regular in this treatment for it to last over the long term. Understand that it must be done regularly so that the effects do not go away.
5. But there are also other very important things that help you get rid of cellulite.
- Eat healthy.
It is an important part of any treatment. Because even if you use this method, and you continue to eat foods that are not healthy, it will not work!
Imagine you’re building a house, brick by brick, and at night someone (that’s you) comes along and destroys everything you built the day before. It’s called self-sabotage. Just introduce more vegetables and fruits into your diet.
- Drink a lot of water
Water is extremely important in the process because it helps flush out toxins. Water will also keep your skin hydrated!
It is an important part in any transformation of the body. Exercise will help you tone muscles and burn fat faster. It is important to do this regularly to increase your heart rate and improve blood circulation.
A study published in the Journal of Applied Physiology showed that fat burning increased by 36% after intensive aerobic or yoga training.
- Do massages
Cellulite massages are quite painful, but they are very effective. Why are they so painful? Because during the process the main goal is to break down the fat cells. A little intense massages are therefore necessary.
You can do this at home, by purchasing an anti-cellulite brush and massaging it for about 5 minutes.
- Get enough sleep
Sleep is really important for your well-being. Your body works best when you get enough sleep. It will tend to remove toxins better and absorb nutrients from food better .
- Manage your stress level
Women with high estrogen levels tend to store more fat and have more cellulite. In fact, everyday stress can cause hormonal imbalances. So, stay zen!
Hope you enjoy the results!