Cellulite has nothing to do with weight, it shows up on the thinnest legs. We reveal how to avoid them, smooth them out and what you can use to combat them.
Cellulite is a primarily cosmetic issue. It has to do with ideals of beauty, self-perception, lifestyle. What is nice is what is firm – cellulite dents are the opposite.
What is cellulite?
Cellulite is first of all a skin condition. No illness. You can find the dents ugly or ignore them. This is your choice.
Numerous studies have shown that in more than 80 percent of the women examined – regardless of age – cellulite occurs in a more or less pronounced form.
Every woman has a tendency to cellulite. Men can also get orange peel if they cause a loss of androgens through constant stress in combination with obesity and muscle breakdown.
Then their connective tissue also becomes weak and dents. Different than with women, because men have a mesh connective tissue, but women have a vertically structured one.
The development of cellulite
- Stage 1 : On the surface, the skin is firm and smooth. But if you squeeze the skin on your thighs, buttocks or stomach with your hands, honeycomb-shaped dents appear – you are predisposed to orange peel.
- Stage 2 : The cellulite is visible without pushing the skin together and pinching the affected area is painful.
- Stage 3: The cellulite is clearly visible. The skin is slack, has an irregular structure and is gray due to poor blood circulation
What Causes Cellulite?
An interaction of hormones, body fat percentage, stress, fatty, sugary diet and lack of exercise, alcohol and smoking also cause cellulite.
The more fat the cells store, the more the fat cells push themselves out through the lattice-like connective tissue. There are bumps and valleys, i.e. dents.
Coffee, nicotine and alcohol put a strain on the connective tissue, wear it out, so to speak, by hindering the metabolism. Energy flows worse through fat than through muscles – that creates inertia. The stabilizing fibroblasts, mother cells of the connective tissue that produce firming collagen and elastin, are also weakened by a poor lifestyle.
So the fat cells fed by poor nutrition can bulge outwards.
An old wives’ tale has to be revealed here: jogging does not cause cellulite . Unless you have no muscles and run like crazy without any prior strength training.
Then dents can form at the beginning, but they disappear again with regular training.
This is how you fight cellulite
Anything that promotes blood circulation and the breakdown of body fat will help fight cellulite. Inside and out. Because cellulite is, in the broadest sense, the result of metabolic slowness.
- You can contribute more vegetables, especially green, lots of non-carbonated water, lots of sleep, massages and relaxation.
- And use products that refine the complexion and also promote the removal of energy robbers from the connective tissue. Above all, exercise helps to get rid of cellulite.
- Coffee grounds left over from the last time you brewed coffee are a great way to improve blood circulation. Simply stir in about a tablespoon of olive oil and apply to the skin after showering like an exfoliator. Massage in gently and rinse off.
- Dry brushing is a great way to combat poor blood circulation, a cause of cellulite. But be careful: dry brushing can aggravate spider veins . So don’t scrub like crazy, but massage gently.
- Kneading, pinching, plucking, pressing – professional massages are perfect measures which, in addition to exercise and a balanced diet, can ensure firm connective tissue.
The market offers a lot of high-tech products with exotic ingredients that promise a lot.
Caffeine, power plants from the Amazon (Peruvian liana), licorice extracts , ginseng, green tea for blood circulation, salicylic and glycolic acid for the peeling effect.
Even though many anti-cellulite products feel very effective on the skin, cellulite cannot simply be creamed away.
To do this, the cream would have to penetrate deep under the skin to the fat cells. But they can still help a little.
The active ingredients tighten and firm the outer skin layer, which can thus offer more resistance to the fatty tissue.
It is important that the anti-cellulite creams are regularly applied and massaged in so that they improve blood circulation, stimulate lymph flow and really fight cellulite.
How does exercise help against cellulite?
Fighting cellulite has been shown to work through exercise. The best prerequisite for firm skin are therefore tight muscles. “Where there are muscles, fatty tissue cannot settle so easily. Muscles increase the basal metabolic rate. They burn more calories than fat tissue, ” explains dermatologist Dr. Michaela Axt-Gadermann.
The better metabolism not only tightens the tissue , but also detoxifies it. Those who don’t exercise should therefore do endurance and strength training twice a week.
Swimming , biking, yoga, and equipment training are perfect.
4 workout quickies
Just a few minutes of exercise a day will tighten the tissue. These exercises can be easily incorporated into everyday life:
Wall seat Lean
your back against the wall, slide down to a 90-degree angle. Hold the position for 30 seconds, then rest for 15 seconds, 7 reps.
Stand up straight, feet hip-width apart. Get on your knees as low as if you were about to sit in a chair. Tilt your upper body slightly forward, stretch your buttocks back, keeping your knees above your toes. 10 squats, 15 seconds rest, 2 reps.
upright. Take a large step forward with one leg. The trunk remains upright. Back to the stand and switch sides. 15 to 20 lungs per side, pause, 3 rounds.
Quite easy by the way
When brushing your teeth, slowly stand on your toes and lower your heels again.
Proper nutrition for cellulite
The more fat the cells store, the greater the pressure they exert on the surrounding tissue. Anyone who eats a lot of sugar, fat and salt and drinks a lot of coffee and alcohol never gets their fat off.
Nutrition tip from a professional: take in sufficient vitamins and minerals. Vitamin E in particular, which is contained in nuts and whole grain products, is particularly useful.
Citrus fruits and vegetables, which are high in vitamin C , are also good for connective tissue. Amino acids in the form of meat and protein support the body in building new connective tissue.
By the way, nothing is worse in combating cellulite than an up and down weight. Crash diets weaken the elastic fibers of the tissue by releasing free radicals. If the fat cells are filled again, the connective tissue is overwhelmed.
People also searched for: